Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another year older

Today, my piece turns 6 years old! How is that possible? Really, I don't know HOW 6 years flew by so fast! Where did the time go?

I look back over the past 6 years and think of the times we have had. The good, the bad, the scary! My piece has progressed SO far! After over 2 years of no speech, and me working day and night to get it back, she talks really well now!

I think of how much things have changed. How hard she has worked to be where she is today. I think of the struggles she went through, without any support or encouragement other then us.

Each year, I look back at the tough times, the struggles and the lessons we learned. Then I smile. Because we learned so much, she had amazing times that we can focus on instead of the bad. THEN I thank God for giving me the blessing that is my daughter!

She may be autistic, she may be hard to deal with a lot of the time, but you know what, she is MY piece of the puzzle and she is the BEST little girl I could truly hope for! I am a blessed Autistic Mama :) I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!! I can't believe you are already 6 years old! The time has flown by SO fast!!! I love you baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment