Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Autism Awareness month, as it comes to a close!

Wow! April has been an amazing month! So much has gone on. Autism Awareness month was a great one for my family! We went to our local city hall on April 2nd for the flag raising. It was great! My daughter loved it! She met the Mayor and our local MP, which she was so thrilled about! It was "so cool" in her words!

We registered my daughter for the June 2nd Autism walk. She's excited to be fundraising for that! And she is IN LOVE with her outfit for it! She has a blue shirt that says Ebony's ABCs and has a puzzle piece on it, but it also has a picture of HER on it! She think's its awesome! Then she has a random tut, that I made her, to represent the colours of the puzzle pieces on the awareness ribbons! It's awesome, if I do say so myself!

Today, her school is having a blue shirt day, to raise awareness & I am giving a mini presentation on Autism. I was honoured to be asked to do this. But I admit, I am nervous to speak in front of 200 people!

We've been teaching our daughter a lot more about autism this month. Trying to help her better understand what she goes through. As well as what other people who have Autism or are on the spectrum may experience!

We've talked in length with people about Autism. We have shared our story with our people! It's been a fun, educational and emotional month! But, successful! We've done our best to spread the word & we hope others have done the same!

Just because April has come to a close though, doesn't mean our awareness should stop! AUTISM AWARENESS, IT MATTERS!!! MAKE IT A DAILY EVENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment